Next Vehicle Auction - June 17-20, 2016.
Yale will host an auction to sell used vehicles from its fleet to the general public beginning Friday, June 17th at 3pm and closes Monday, June 20th at 2pm. Interested buyers can views the vehicles Saturday, June 18th from 10 to 11:30 a.m. weather permitting at 344 Winchester Avenue, New Haven, CT.
All vehicles have been owned and used exclusively by the University. All vehicles are sold “as is.” Vehicles may or may not have a minimum reserve. Bidders may submit a bid that is lower than the minimum reserve amount. However, Yale reserves the right to accept or reject any offers below the minimum bid.
Interested parties will be given an opportunity to view, in person, the vehicle(s) for disposal. However, they will not be allowed to be driven.
Bids will be accepted electronically starting at a specified time and date. Notification of the award by the University will be made within one business day.
Vehicles must be picked up and paid for within 72 hours after notification of the bid award. If not, the University will exercise its option to offer the vehicle to the next highest bidder. A cashier’s check or bank check made out to Yale University is the only form of payment allowed. Anyone purchasing a Yale vehicle will need to sign a Yale University QuitClaim Bill of Sale Form.
- Bidding opens at 3P.M. on Friday June 17th. No bids will be accepted if time-stamped prior to 3PM on June 17th. While minimum bids are shown on the auction site, Yale will entertain bids below the minimum. Yale reserves the right to accept or reject any bids whether above the minimum or below the minimum.
- Bids will be accepted until June 20th at 2 P.M. The time stamp on the Yale Auction site will be used to determine the winning bid. No other source will be used.
- Bids must be submitted on http://yalefleet.yale.edu/vehicle-auction. You will be able to track bidding on the vehicle by amount, but you will not know who is bidding.
- The winning bidder will be notified by email or phone on June 21, 2016.
- The winning bidder has until 5P.M. June 24th to arrange for payment and pick up of vehicle. All vehicles should be picked up by the end of business on June 27th. Otherwise, pickup will not be allowed until after July 4th.
- Only accepted forms of payment are cashier’s check or bank check.
- Payment will be made at the Yale Fleet Office at 2 Whitney Grove Square Suite 540. Please call (203) 432-2285 in advance to ensure Fleet personnel are available to handle the transaction.
- All questions are to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org